Friday 1 June 2012

Welcome, Latest illustrations for 'The Last Post' Anthology

cloudpine451, The Last Post, Chalk Path Books


Hello and welcome, eventually I plan to post the 'His Dark Materials' drawings in a more complete form. At present I am illustrating an anthology of short stories called 'The Last Post', with a full page image for sixteen varied stories and I want to start with new work. I can't wait to get a copy, but there is still work to do. The first image is to go on the inside as a frontispiece with the introduction. The stories are a range of magic-realism, black comedy and horror, and I imagined a figure being pierced by the edges of an enormous stamp, covered in various grotesque faces from Peruvian death mantles.


cloudpine451, The Last Post, Chalk Path Books


Then a British postbox in the grip of some ancient evil. Almost a curse from our Peruvian friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment